A Natural-Looking Tooth Restoration
Restore your tooth to its original shape and size
A dental crown is a permanent cap that treats your tooth damage. The treatment strengthens and restores the function of your remaining tooth structure.
Your dental crown fits on top of your damaged, decayed, or worn teeth. The crown also restores your treated tooth to its original, natural color.
Protection for your teeth
Dental crowns protect your teeth when dental fillings are inadequate to restore the damage caused by decay, cracking, or other dental trauma. A crown is also recommended for other dental issues including:
- Protection for your weak or severely damaged teeth
- Support for your teeth that contain extensive dental fillings
- Anchor and support for your dental bridgework
- Covering and providing the visible chewing surface for your dental implant
- Rebuilding your tooth structure following a root canal
- Improving your bite
Your crown can be crafted from a variety of materials including porcelain to match your natural tooth color. The treatment will blend seamlessly with your tooth to enhance your appearance.
You might prefer a crown crafted from full-metal or porcelain fused-to-metal. Metal crowns or those containing safe metals are known to be durable and long-lasting.
Care for your dental crown as you do your natural teeth.
- Brush and floss to preserve the health of your gums and adjoining teeth
- Be aware of sensitivity issues if your crowns are metal
- Contact our dental office if your crown is loose or becomes detached.