Orthodontic treatment corrects your misaligned or crooked teeth. Restore your teeth to proper alignment and improve your lifestyle.
Modern procedures for proper tooth alignment
We provide orthodontic solutions that restore your oral health and quality of life. Treatment options can save you time, costs, and the discomfort often associated with orthodontic dentistry.
Orthodontics corrects your tooth misalignment and improves your bite and overall tooth function. Your treatment can include braces or clear aligners designed to move your teeth into their proper and healthy position.
Orthodontic treatment is effective for children after their permanent teeth have emerged (typically around age 12 to 13). You can benefit from orthodontic treatment as a teen and an adult to properly align your teeth and bone structure.
You have options for orthodontic treatment. Your treatment plan follows a thorough evaluation of your teeth, jaws, and facial structure using a visual examination and x-rays.
- Traditional braces straighten your teeth with use of brackets, wires, and elastic that are adjusted throughout your treatment.
- Ceramic braces resemble traditional braces but are designed to blend with your tooth color during treatment.
- Clear aligners use clear, removable aligners to gradually move your teeth into proper position throughout your treatment.
Fast Facts: Traditional Braces
- Braces aren’t just for teens – an increasing number of adults are seeking orthodontic care to straighten their smiles and correct dental problems.
- The length of time you will need to wear braces depends on your treatment plan. The older the patient, the longer it can take for teeth to move to their proper position.
- For adults with missing teeth, closing the space between teeth with braces can reduce the number of implants needs to restore their smiles.
Fast Facts: Invisalign Clear Braces
- Invisalign braces are a good option for adult orthodontic patients.
- No brackets or wiring are used in Invisalign braces. Patients wear a clear tray to correct their smile.
- Invisalign braces are virtually invisible, making them ideal for professionals in the workplace.
Sometimes, patients wish to get braces for cosmetic reasons rather than oral-health ones. Having a straight smile can improve confidence and help you put yourself forward in school, dating, or the workplace. If you’re looking to give your smile a push towards the straight and smiley, Dr. Oh may recommend 6-month braces to you, instead of traditional braces. Six-month braces use low force to move teeth gently into position with a focus on your most visible teeth, rather than the position of your jaw.
Fast Facts: Six-Month Braces
- Six-month braces might be a good fit for you if you are interested in straightening your smile for more aesthetic purposes.
- Six-month braces can use clear braces that are less visible than traditional metal brackets to gently push your teeth into place.
- In some cases, the strategic extraction of teeth may be recommended for a faster orthodontic outcome.
- Six-month braces are typically best suited for patients who are at least 16 years or older.